Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 2008

So.........if you remember, last year, was my first time that I carved a pumpkin in my whole life. Well, Josh told me we did not need the "carving" kit, we could use a knife, and if you remember, I had a hard time. So, this year...I bought the "carving" kit WAY in ADVANCE!!!! :) I was prepared for my carving experience.
Hoosier even helped us.When he looked in the pumpkin, this is what he saw. ;)We both got our own pumpkin this year, and Josh told me that I had to do the "yucky" part, and clean the inside out. Funny thing is that, I have this little design painted on one of my nails to go with my Halloween costume on Friday(which is a surprise, pics to follow after Halloween though of course), and when I was pulling out all the gunk, I saw the design(which was black) and screamed, because silly me, thought it was a bug. Wow, only me, huh? :)Anyways, it took me forever to get the gunk out of the pumpkin and Josh had already carved his pumpkin, so I was not able to get any pics of him in the process due to my hands being covered with gunk. However, here is his finished product, it is supposed to be a two-faced man, but Josh kind of got a little impatient(imagine that, hahaha) with the stencil, and it did not turn out exactly right, but you can get the idea.Here is mine, it took me about two hours, and did not turn out that great, but I guess at least you can tell that it is a cat, spider, and pumpkin. :)Hope you enjoy our little crazy married experiences while living in Japan, they are definitely good ones. :)

1 comment:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

You crack me up! Looks like all THREE of yall had fun carving pumpkins! Can't wait to see your halloween pictures! I'm anxious to know what your costume is. Glad to see that everything is still going well for yall all the way over in Japan! How much longer do yall have there?