Sunday, May 17, 2009

Josh's new car!

Well, about a month ago, Josh's old car, the Toyota Surf, went kaput!! We were pretty upset about it because when you move to Japan, we buy these cars that are years and years and years old and hope that they will last us until we leave...well Josh's car did not last us. We had to junk his car at the Junk Yard.
RIP: Toyota surf 2006-2009

Then, we were searching for a new car to buy.
I told friends to keep a look out for vehicles because we needed one, and well I guess I told just the right friend. Reason being, that friend told us he had a vehicle that he would just "give" us! I said, "how much?" He said, "free". I said, "what's the catch"? I know as good as anyone else, people do not just give away stuff, much less cars, for free. Well, it turns out he had bought another vehicle and was going to give the car to someone else and they did not want it. So, then he offered it to us! I said, "Um yeah, we'll take it!" Josh said, "I don't care if it is puke green, it's free."
So, this is where our new life began with the Pajero Mini, yes don't forget the word Mini. When we sit in it, sometimes our shoulders touch each other, that is how small it is. There is a ridiculous amount of room left in the garage when it is in there too. If it was not a standard, I would claim it and give Josh my car.....but I'm learning how to drive it. ;)Josh calls the car Jerome, everyone else calls it Jeromi.

No comments: