Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Life in Japan....so far



So, I have decided to start this blog in order to keep everyone updated on how Life in Japan is going. So far, so good. We have been in Misawa, Japan for almost one year now. I can't believe it has been that long. We have enjoyed doing many things since we arrived here. We enjoyed out first Japanese meal on Thanksgiving 2006 at Kiminoye Restaurant. We thought it was so cool that we had to take off our shoes and sit on the floor to eat. After a while, we wish we had a chair to sit in, but it was worth the discomfort for that Japanese experience. On Christmas day, we attempted to snowboard for the first time. Oh wow, it was so hard. Since then, we have gone snowboarding many times and we are actually good at it now. We bought our own gear and cannot wait to go this winter. Hoosier is having a blast here, he loves the snow. The funniest thing is when he sticks his head completely down in the snow and then raises it with snow all over his cute face. He is enjoying his backyard now since we were able to put a fence up for him. I can guarantee that we are enjoying the fence to. We have done our fair share of ice skating. I really enjoy it and Josh does it because he knows it makes me happy. We both have our own ice skates.


On Memorial day weekend, we went camping at Hachinohe beach, it was very cold, but a beautiful scenery. On the 4th of July, we went to Eric's house and shot fireworks....it was a lot of fun.


On my birthday, July 23rd, we went to Oirase Gorge to see the waterfalls. Oh, what a beautiful site. My friend Mindy and I went to the Nebuta Festival in Aomori City recently. It was a parade at night that was awesome. Josh was informed that he will be promoted to Staff Sergeant next year. We both were very excited....but I think Josh was a little more excited. I also finished my dental assistant training and graduated on September 11, 2007. We also were invited to go to Rohonuke Apple Farm from the spouse's club. Those apple's are so good...YUM! Josh got to go home for an assignment and got to spend time with his family and friends. He had a blast. While he was gone, Mindy and I went to the AirForce Ball. I wish Josh would have been here to go with me. When he got back, I got invited to go to Tokyo with some friends and Josh insisted that I go. So, I went last weekend, Oct. 5th-8th, and it was so much fun. I drove 8 hours and rode 4 trains just to eat at Outback, and it was well worth the traveling. I also did a bunch of shopping for work clothes. I was just hired as the Navy FISCM Secretary and I start on Oct. 29th. I cannot wait to start my job. I am getting bored staying at home all day. Well, that is pretty much the update I have for now. We miss everyone so much.












3 comments:

~*Jessica*~ said...

This is so cool Brandi. I miss you guys! I wanna be there with you! I'd love to come vacation there, if only I could win the lottery just to pay for plane tickets, lol. This is neat.

Love ya! ~Jessica~

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

I am SOOOO excited that you have a blog! I'll be updating mine soon! :) Love you!

Wayne said...

Well I am so glad to see that you and Josh are so HAPPY with the things going on in the both of yours life right now. Josh has worked very hard on getting his new promotion of Staff Sergeant and he will do a fine job as one. You never stopped or threw in the towel and Graduated as a Dental Assistant and now you are moving on to your new job with the Navy FISCM Secretary. I am so proud of the both of you and may GOD continue to bless the both of you now and forever.

Love Always
DAD